qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] bad USB tablet update rate on qemu-1.0

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] bad USB tablet update rate on qemu-1.0
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 22:28:33 +0100

Erik Rull wrote:
Anthony Liguori wrote:
On 12/19/2011 03:33 PM, Erik Rull wrote:
Hi all,

coming from qemu 0.14 the usbdevice tablet update rate gets really bad in
qemu-1.0 with the same guest.

What's the specific guest?

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

It's a Windows XP guest. It was fine in 0.14

Thanks.

Best regards,

Erik

Any progress here? I tested it on another CPU board there it was worse -
only 1-2 cursor updates per second :-(
I tried to use the wacom-tablet but didn't find a driver that works.

Best regards,

Erik

Hi all,

today I tested some stuff with VNC for remote access of the VM - there the update rate of the USB tablet (mouse cursor) was really great. So the question is now:
- Same host operating system for 0.14 and 1.0
- Same command line parameters beside the vnc option
Why is the native mouse on the qemu 0.14 system good for both vnc and native and on the qemu 1.0 system only good for vnc and bad for the native hardware mouse?

Maybe this helps finding the source of evil...
If you have ideas what to change / patches to test, just let me know.

Best regards,

Erik