qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] bad USB tablet update rate on qemu-1.0

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] bad USB tablet update rate on qemu-1.0
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:25:08 +0100

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Färber wrote:
Hi Erik,

Am 19.01.2012 20:15, schrieb Erik Rull:
Andreas Färber wrote:
Am 19.01.2012 17:40, schrieb Erik Rull:
[...] there seems to be a
difference between the captured cursor for the native X-Windows window
and the VNC window that occured somewhere between 0.14 and 1.0.

Then try `git bisect start v1.0 v0.14.0' to find out when exactly the
perceived behavior changed. :)

I just did a clone of the current qemu-kvm (which I use) and started to
bisect, but got an error, where I don't know how to proceed:
address@hidden:~/qemu-test/qemu-kvm$ git bisect good qemu-kvm-0.14.0
You need to start by "git bisect start"
Do you want me to do it for you [Y/n]?
address@hidden:~/qemu-test/qemu-kvm$ git bisect bad qemu-kvm-1.0
Bisecting: 2043 revisions left to test after this
fatal: Entry 'roms/seabios' not uptodate. Cannot merge.
address@hidden:~/qemu-test/qemu-kvm$

Hm, did you maybe previously do a `git submodule init'? You may need to
run `git submodule update' then (which may fail as recently for roms/SLOF).

Otherwise, generally when it does not compile you can try `git bisect
skip' to try a different commit.

Andreas

Updated to the latest git version from github.com and it's fine now. I did a test bisectioning by just using bisect good and bad randomized. My test system is available again on Monday. I will keep you updated.

Best regards,

Erik