qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Tuesday 24

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Tuesday 24
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:53:28 +0100

On 01/24/2012 03:30 PM, Kevin Wolf wrote:
>>  * qtest/libos: Python or C?
>
>  Both.
More importantly: When?:-)

Are there still any problems that must be fixed before it can be merged?

There was no discussion on my alternative proposal on IRQ interception. Which might mean it's all fine and it will just replace Anthony's qtest_interrupt_controller, but I'm not that optimist. :) Certainly Anthony's approach to IRQ interception had some objections from Peter (which I second).

Also, Anthony's sleep(1) hack _can_ be eliminated, I didn't have it in my Python version.

In that series I also had vm_clock management, but it can go in afterwards.

Similarly, PyUnit integration can be committed separately. Knowing that the answer is "both" is fine.

URLs:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/132558 (IRQ/timer)
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.qemu/132512 (Python)

Paolo