qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] USB device plugged in => windows XP guest stalls at bootup

From: Erik Rull
Subject: [Qemu-devel] USB device plugged in => windows XP guest stalls at bootup
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 13:36:26 +0100 (CET)

 Hi all,

when having a USB device connected to a windows XP guest that is booting
(or rebooting) the guest will never finish booting. It hangs before the
screen gets resized and the well known Windows is starting dialog appears.
If there is no usb device given to the guest, everything is fine, if I plug
it in when booting is finished, I have no problem using it.

With a linux guest, it works perfectly.

How can I provide more information for helping debugging?  I have no idea
how to dig into the Windows XP boot process.

I tried different XP versions - professional and embedded, on both the
same.

Best regards,

Erik