qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Mascot Contest

From: Benoît Canet
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU Mascot Contest
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 10:34:08 +0100

This logo does even contains an emu.
It's a quick draft it could be refined.

http://files.nodalink.com/qemu/black_and_orange_qemu.svg

Best regards

Benoît

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 11:10 PM, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi

We're long over due for a mascot for QEMU.  Our wiki is nice, but is missing that bit of pizzazz that a spiffy logo brings.  I can't think of a better time than the 1.0 release to create one either.

Having given it some thought and discussing it with a few people, there seems to be an obvious mascot: an Emu named Q.

Now you might say to yourself, "Isn't an Emu a big stupid flightless bird?".  On the contrary, Emu's are elegant and incredibly fast--easily reaching speeds over 30mph.  They may look a bit silly, but they're a force to be reckon with having some of the strongest legs in the animal kingdom.  With razor sharp claws, they can rip through metal fencing with no problem.

But there's only one problem with Q--we need someone to create an image of him!  I thought it would be a fun part of the 1.0 release to have a logo competition to create an official image of Q.

So break out Gimp, Inkscape, or your favorite image editor and submit an icon for consideration!  If we get enough proposals over the next couple weeks, we'll setup a vote before the 1.0 release.

To submit an icon, just sent an email to qemu-devel with the icon and include an [ICON] tag in the subject.  The only real rules are that the license must be an open license that allows redistribution of derived works.  SVG images are certainly preferred.

I'm excited to see what people come up with!  Happy Gimping!

Regards,

Anthony Liguori