qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] Merging qemu-iotests into qemu.git?

From: Kevin Wolf
Subject: [Qemu-devel] Merging qemu-iotests into qemu.git?
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 16:01:58 +0100

Hi Christoph,

I just talked to Stefan about our testing, both regarding the block
layer and qemu in general, and we came to the conclusion that it would
probably make sense to merge qemu-iotests into qemu.git.

The immediate benefit would be that we could include some short-running
tests into 'make check'. Long-term we would profit from being in the
same tests/ directory as all future tests for other qemu subsystems, so
we could probably share quite some of the framework code. (We were
initially talking about image streaming tests, which need a real VM
instead of just qemu-img/io and some monitor interaction - it's easy to
imagine similar cases)

What do you think?

Kevin