qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] BlockDriverState stack and BlockListeners

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] BlockDriverState stack and BlockListeners
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2012 17:16:01 +0000

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Kevin Wolf <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 21.02.2012 12:36, schrieb Paolo Bonzini:
> Oh, and just to open another can of worms: We should probably design in
> the notion of media (which can be ejected etc.) and drives (which always
> stay there). We don't have a clean separation today.

Media and drives are guest state, they should be part of device
emulation and not host device implementation.

The layering issue is that things like floppy and CD-ROM passthrough
do deal with media change and status.

Does it make sense to have a hw/drive.c for the guest state associated
with a -drive?

Stefan