qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] [0/8] RFC: A second batch of preliminaries towards guest vi

From: David Gibson
Subject: [Qemu-devel] [0/8] RFC: A second batch of preliminaries towards guest visible IOMMUS
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 14:27:35 +1100

Before qemu 1.0 there was some discussion, and several patch series
proposed for adding support for guest visible IOMMU emulation to qemu.

No agreement was reached on how to do this, but a patch series did go
in preparation - a conversion of most existing PCI devices to use
helper functions for their DMA which could be converted to do IOMMU
translation in one place.

This patch series is a further set of preliminaries, generalizing
these wrapper functions to support non-PCI functions, and using this
to convert several more drivers.

It also introduces the concept of a DMAContext, describing a DMA
address space.  With this series the only one supported is NULL,
meaning "no translation".  However, this provides a place that we can
put the necessary callback information to support IOMMU translation.

If this series doesn't attract too many screams, I'll fold in feedback
and repost for inclusion.