qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu assertion failed with usb on current git master!

From: Erik Rull
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu assertion failed with usb on current git master!
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 15:52:29 +0100 (CET)

On February 27, 2012 at 1:48 PM Gerd Hoffmann <address@hidden> wrote:

> >> Stacktrace?
> >> What kind of device?
> >>

> > Hi Gerd,
> >
> > attached the usb logger dump as requested.
> > Stacktrace - I tried that without real success using the gdbserver - I
had
> > issues with the symbol resolving, no idea what went wrong...
>
> You don't need gdbserver, that one is for debugging the guest, not for
> debugging qemu.
>
> Just use gdb on the qemu core dump.  And please also print p (packet
> pointer) which fails the assertion, so we can match it with the packet
> pointers printed in the log.
>
> thanks,
>   Gerd

I'm really sorry, but I don't understand what's happening - I copied the
qemu executable on my target system before executing it, but gdb complains
that the core file does not match the executable! But except the file paths
they are identical.

Here the gdb output:

warning: core file may not match specified executable file.
Core was generated by `/disc/qemu-system-x86_64 -machine kernel_irqchip=on
-serial /dev/ttyS2 -usb -de'.
Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
#0  0xffffe424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xffffe424 in __kernel_vsyscall ()
#1  0xb705f671 in ?? ()
#2  0xb714bff4 in ?? ()
#3  0xb6faf6b0 in ?? ()
#4  0xbfe8b514 in ?? ()
#5  0xb7060cf9 in ?? ()
#6  0x00000006 in ?? ()
#7  0xbfe8b488 in ?? ()
#8  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb) p
The history is empty.
(gdb)

I don't know how to proceed here.
Don't you run into this problem (crash on USB plug in) on your system?
I tested it with a Linux guest, there it does not crash! Only with a
Windows XP guest!

Best regards,

Erik