qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] BlockDriverState stack and BlockListeners

From: Ori Mamluk
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] BlockDriverState stack and BlockListeners
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 10:38:36 +0200

Hi Kevin and all,
I think the BlockFilter direction goes very well with our plans for a replication module. I guess it would take some discussions and time to form a solid layer for the BlockFilters, and I'd like to move ahead in parallel with the replication module.
What do you say about the following plan:
I'll continue with the module development in the spirit of my original RFC, and use a tentative filter-like API to block.c that I'll add. Then I can submit the patches, get comments for the internal parts of the filter, and later on when some form of generic BlockFilter API is there - I can change my filter to use it. This way we can have some anchor in Qemu to work with and develop the rest of the management parts.
Does it sound reasonable?

Thanks,
Ori