qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] BlockDriverState stack and BlockListeners

From: Ori Mamluk
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] BlockDriverState stack and BlockListeners
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2012 07:14:48 +0200

On 03/03/2012 13:46, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
On Wed, Feb 29, 2012 at 8:38 AM, Ori Mamluk<address@hidden>  wrote:
I think the BlockFilter direction goes very well with our plans for a
replication module.
I guess it would take some discussions and time to form a solid layer for
the BlockFilters, and I'd like to move ahead in parallel with the
replication module.
Will the replicatoin module still use a custom network protocol or do
you plan to implement the in-process NBD server?

I have added the in-process NBD server idea to the Google Summer of
Code 2012 project ideas page.  Perhaps students will be interested in
implementing it this summer.  But if you are already working on it I
can remove the idea, please let me know.

Thanks,
Stefan
I prefer not to do it as NBD server, mainly because NBD by definition requires a port per volume and I think it will pose a management overhead.
So my current plan is a custom protocol - but it's still TBD.