qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU desired libiscsi.so clashes with libiscsi.so from

From: Michael Tokarev
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU desired libiscsi.so clashes with libiscsi.so from iscsi-initiator-utils
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 14:38:12 +0400

On 06.03.2012 14:07, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 03, 2012 at 03:54:19PM +0400, Michael Tokarev wrote:
>> It looks like iscsi-initiator-utils package in fedora is built using
>> shared libiscsi which appears to be package-specific, e.g.
>
> Yes, it is the iscsi-initiator-utils package
>
>> I'd rename _that_ library to be libiscsi-initiator-utils.so, to
>> reflect the name of the package in question, since it - again -
>> _appears_ to be package-specific.
>
> That's not really practical at this time, since it has been shipped this
> way for years now,

Why it is not practical for something which is not used for
anything but just the internal library?  I'd say it was a
mistake to name this internal library this way to start
with, and now it is as good time to do so as any other time,
because, again, it is just some internal-to-the-package thing.

>          and in any case ronnie has already been good enough
> to rename to libiscsiclient to avoid the potential ambiguity.

Now the resulting libiscsiclient has alot of _real_ ambiguity,
unfortunately.

/mjt