qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-blk performance regression and qemu-kvm

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] virtio-blk performance regression and qemu-kvm
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 12:59:11 +0000

On Mon, Mar 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM, Martin Mailand <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 05.03.2012 17:35, schrieb Stefan Hajnoczi:
>
>>> 1. Test on i7 Laptop with Cpu governor "ondemand".

>> Interesting finding.  Did you show the 0.14.1 results with
>> "performance" governor?
>

> Hi Stefan,
> all results are with "ondemand" except the one where I changed it to
> "performance"
>
> Do you want a v0.14.1 test with the governor on "performance"?

Yes, the reason why that would be interesting is because it allows us
to put the performance gain with master+"performance" into
perspective.  We could see how much of a change we get.

Does the CPU governor also affect the result when you benchmark with
real disks instead of ramdisk?  I can see how the governor would
affect ramdisk, but would expect real disk I/O to be impacted much
less.

Stefan