qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU desired libiscsi.so clashes with libiscsi.so from

From: Mike Christie
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] QEMU desired libiscsi.so clashes with libiscsi.so from iscsi-initiator-utils
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2012 20:30:51 -0600

On 03/06/2012 07:51 PM, ronnie sahlberg wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Thanks!
>
> That would be great if you rename it to something less generic and
> specific to libiscsi-utils.
> That means I can continue using libiscsi as the name for my
> multiplatform library.
>
> By the way,  if the only user today and in the future of the library
> in libiscsi-utils is anaconda,

The only current user that I know of is anaconda, but I have been
working on making a more generic lib that others can use. I think Qlogic
was going to use it too, but I have been trying to advise them not to
since it was not upstream.

For anaconda we need to be able to find targets/disks and setup the
install on them. We want to then set things up so the OS uses those
disks and whatever driver (software iscsi or one of the offload drivers
or iser) they selected for root/boot and the other partitions.

In general, I just want to have a way to login, discover, and manage
targets and HBAs using the software iscsi or iser driver or one of the
offload cards we support. So something like IMA. I wanted to keep it
close to IMA so other vendors can use it for a plugin if needed.

If your lib can or would like to do stuff like that, I would be very
very very happy :)