qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How can I make serial console works

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How can I make serial console works
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 08:35:10 +0100

Hi,

Am 07.03.2012 03:36, schrieb Zhi-zhou Zhang:
> I am working on adding openrisc to qemu target. Till now I have done the
> cpu part. I use it to run linux kernel. it can run to the end of linux
> kernel.

How do you know? :)

> but there is no any message to the console.What should I do?
> Does timer and pic must implement first? Need I implement a serial port
> or just setup IO address?

For a serial console you need a serial port, yes. Whether you can reuse,
e.g., the memory-mapped serial port or need to write your own device
depends on the hardware you're trying to match and that also determines
what dependencies you have - timer and PIC are likely.

Have you checked http://repo.or.cz/w/qemu/openrisc.git?

Regards,
Andreas