qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Regression: more 0.12 regression (SeaBIOS related?)

From: Kevin O'Connor
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Regression: more 0.12 regression (SeaBIOS related?)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 08:38:30 -0500

On Tue, Mar 06, 2012 at 09:00:55AM -0800, Alain Ribière wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm reacting a bit later but I have a trouble with an old DOS OS from Digital
> Research called Concurrent DOS.
> It worked fine till Qemu v0.11.1.
> I tried it with a lot of versions from 0.12.0 to 1.0.1 and it boot correctly.
> But after a key pressed, I can't use the keyboard any more. The system is not
> freezed (there is a clock in the bottom side of the screen which is running)
> but I can't use the keyboard any more.
> It worked also with 0.12.0-rc1 and the PC-BIOS. It seems that with Seabios it
> doesn't work any more but PC-BIOS is no longer supported by QEMU (from
> v0.12.0).
>
> Do you know what can I do ?

You can help debug the issue so it can be fixed in SeaBIOS.  Start
with producing a log from SeaBIOS by adding (on a recent qemu) the
following to the command-line:

-chardev stdio,id=seabios -device isa-debugcon,iobase=0x402,chardev=seabios

Also, if there is an image available for download, other developers
can take a look at it as well.

-Kevin