qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Future goals for autotest and virtualization test

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Future goals for autotest and virtualization tests
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 11:54:31 +0000

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Stefan Hajnoczi <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 4:00 AM, Lucas Meneghel Rodrigues <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>> One of our main goals is to provide useful tools for the qemu community,
>> since we have a good number of tests and libraries written to perform
>> integration/QA testing for that tool, being successfuly used by a number of
>> QA teams that work on qemu. Also, we recently provided a subset of that
>> infrastructure to test libvirt, one of our virtualization projects of
>> interest.
>
> Thanks for sharing.

One thing I should have added is that my message is about what it
would take for me to use autotest and contribute tests.  But now I
realize that you might be going for a different model:

If you're aiming for a different model where autotest integrates
external test suites (i.e. tests wouldn't be written in autotest.git,
instead autotest.git would contain snapshots of external test suites),
then this proposal seems fine.  Upstream projects like QEMU would
develop their own test suite and it would be dropped into autotest or
a specific autotest instance.

I'm not 100% sure which of these two models you're going for?

Stefan