qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Future goals for autotest and virtualization test

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] Future goals for autotest and virtualization tests
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 10:08:42 -0600

On 03/08/2012 09:46 AM, Kevin Wolf wrote:
Am 08.03.2012 15:56, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
I particularly agreed with basically everything you said on that
discussion regarding test simplification (I had just joined the
team back then). To me, autotest has been focusing on QE-level,
leaving the developer-level test requirements out. Now we're
attacking this new front, and a lot of the requirements are
indeed from that discussion.

If you want to talk about this in terms of "requirements", my requirement is for
"developer-level" tests to live in qemu.git and be integrated into make check.

Actually, I think make check should be something that runs _really_
quickly. We'll probably want another make check-full or something that
runs more extensive tests.

Yeah, my qtest series has a few make check variants that all run with different speeds.

That's the reason why the patch I proposed earlier today runs only a few
qemu-iotests cases during make check. The whole thing would already take
too long for everyone to use it. If people run some quick sanity tests
for all of qemu plus the full tests in the subsystem in which they're
making changes, I think that would be the best we can realistically expect.

Yup, agreed.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Kevin