qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] How to trace all the guest OS instructions and the micr

From: Mulyadi Santosa
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] How to trace all the guest OS instructions and the micro-ops
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 04:43:04 +0700

Hi....

On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:12, Yue Chen <address@hidden> wrote:
> I am doing some research based on the QEMU. Does anyone know how to get
> (trace) all the instructions of the guest OS, and get all the intermediate
> micro-ops ?  (Not in the 0.9.1 version)

I believe it's "-d" option you're looking for. Please read qemu manual
for further clarification and info.

> Additionally, how to get the whole memory or each process' memory data of
> the guest OS?

you wanna do that simply from Qemu's monitor? I don't think that's
doable...or at least easily. Qemu sees guest RAM like your physical
RAM. It doesn't differentiate which pages belongs to which process.
You need to hook or go straight inside the guest OS, maybe using gdb
or other tool to get the core dump of those processes.

> I really appreciate your help.

Hope it helps...

--
regards,