qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [Spice-devel] seamless migration with spice

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [Spice-devel] seamless migration with spice
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:50:51 +0100

  Hi,

> Can you explain/exemplify, why sending data as a blob (either by (a) or
> (b)), that is verified only by the two ends that actually use it, is a
> problem?

It tends to be not very robust.  Especially when the creating/parsing is
done ad-hoc and the format changes now and then due to more info needing
to be stored later on.  The qemu migration format which has almost no
structure breaks now and then because of that.  Thus I'd prefer to not
go down this route when creating something new.

cheers,
  Gerd