qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!

From: Michael S. Tsirkin
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:40:54 +0200

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 08:24:47PM +0000, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > Only two maintainers are allowed to make full use of the patchwork
> > (http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/) infrastructure.
> > Why not all maintainers?
>
> I tried to get myself added to the maintainers list (with
> agreement from Anthony) for that a long time ago and got zero
> response from the people running that patchwork instance.
>
> A good patchwork instance is really useful -- the Linaro one
> is set up with hooks into monitoring git, so patches that are
> committed move automatically to 'accepted', for instance.
> [It's only semi-automatic, though, and I don't know if it
> would still be as useful with the much higher volume qemu gets.]
>
> -- PMM

I think most things do not need admin rights on the list -
just an account is enough.  For example I can change patch
status for netdev patches, and I do this sometimes to
my own patches to avoid confusion (tag them N/A
for review so Dave does not need to waste time looking at them).

That said I send a request to add you as an admin and
we'll see how it goes.

--
MST