qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Tuesday 13

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Tuesday 13
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 21:04:50 -0500

On 03/12/2012 07:22 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:
Am 12.03.2012 13:40, schrieb Juan Quintela:
Please send in any agenda items you are interested in covering.

* QEMU 1.1 roadmap

If we're still aiming for a release in early May that would mean a
feature freeze in about four weeks.

Soft freeze.  Hard freeze is about six weeks away.

http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.1

Yup.

My stake is that I'd like to see CPUs and machines QOM'ified for 1.1,
and I'm aware that also CPU hot-plug and CPU versioning features depend
on it. Not sure what timeline the respective authors have in mind, but
IMO we should start counting backwards when series need to be finalized
on the list and by whom they should get merged. Easter is on April 8th
this year!

Other features that I have in mind are qtest, qemu-test, gtk-doc and 4th
QOM series. Not sure which of those were meant for 1.1.

My personal development priorities are qtest, and qbus (4th QOM series). qemu-test and gtk-doc are both nice to haves but I have a sneaking suspicion that they're going to require a non-trivial amount of work.

With the Wiki closed, having contributors add Feature pages for their
1.1 wishlist, as done for 1.0, is probably not going to work well, but
collecting a rough list or dependency tree would be nice for planning.

The wiki isn't closed... I would hope most contributors would have an account and/or would not have a problem asking for an account.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Andreas