qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] We need more reviewers/maintainers!!
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 13:12:30 +0100

Il 13/03/2012 12:27, Kevin Wolf ha scritto:

>> > Point taken.
>> > However maintainers should also be responsible of reviewing patches of
>> > "infrequent write-only contributors".
> Yes, but maintainers are overloaded because they also need to review
> patches of frequent write-only contributors.

Frequent non-maintainer contributors need to have their patches
reviewed, no matter if they're write-only or not.  To improve this we
could have more maintainers beyond the one who hosts the tree.  Listing
them in MAINTAINERS gets them automatically CCed in patches.  It's just
too easy to get lost in the mailing list otherwise.

Then, some areas are considerably busier than others, and the block
layer is particularly hard in this regard.  Stefan is helping a lot
reviewing, I should do the same.

Paolo