qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Tuesday 13

From: Eduardo Habkost
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] KVM call agenda for Tuesday 13
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 10:31:26 -0300

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 01:22:42AM +0100, Andreas Färber wrote:
> Am 12.03.2012 13:40, schrieb Juan Quintela:
> > Please send in any agenda items you are interested in covering.
>
> * QEMU 1.1 roadmap
>
> If we're still aiming for a release in early May that would mean a
> feature freeze in about four weeks.
>
> http://wiki.qemu.org/Planning/1.1
>
> My stake is that I'd like to see CPUs and machines QOM'ified for 1.1,
> and I'm aware that also CPU hot-plug and CPU versioning features depend
> on it. Not sure what timeline the respective authors have in mind, but
> IMO we should start counting backwards when series need to be finalized
> on the list and by whom they should get merged. Easter is on April 8th
> this year!
>
> Other features that I have in mind are qtest, qemu-test, gtk-doc and 4th
> QOM series. Not sure which of those were meant for 1.1.

I would like to have the discussion of -nodefconfig semantics regarding
cpudefs & machine-types concluded (on the call, I hope), so we can have
the right semantics implemented on 1.1.

So, the items for the agenda are:

* Possible use of /usr/share for machine-type data (including, but not
  limited to, CPU models)
* Semantics of -nodefconfig regarding machine-types and CPU models

--
Eduardo