qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] about kvmclock QOM

From: Zhi Yong Wu
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] about kvmclock QOM
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 22:52:35 +0800

On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Andreas Färber <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am 13.03.2012 15:11, schrieb Zhi Yong Wu:

>>> Ah, now it works again (forgot mode="control" for -mon).

>>> kvmclock (like many devices) is not yet linked to some parent device, so
>> static TypeInfo kvmclock_info = {
>>     .name          = "kvmclock",
>>     .parent        = TYPE_SYS_BUS_DEVICE,
>> It seems to be linked from here
>
> No. This specifies the parent class (base or super class).
>
> What you are looking for is the "parent" property which gets set up by
You mean that current device object should have one "parent" property?
Its parent device should have one "child" property pointing to it?
But i have not seen this property in qom-list output.
address@hidden qemu]# QMP/qom-list -s /tmp/server.sock /
vga/
i440fx/
peripheral/
peripheral-anon/
address@hidden qemu]# QMP/qom-list -s /tmp/server.sock /i440fx
piix3/
type
address@hidden qemu]# QMP/qom-list -s /tmp/server.sock /i440fx/piix3
rtc/
command_serr_enable
legacy-command_serr_enable
multifunction
legacy-multifunction
rombar
romfile
legacy-romfile
addr
legacy-addr
type
address@hidden qemu]# QMP/qom-list -s /tmp/server.sock /i440fx/piix3/rtc
date
type
lost_tick_policy
base_year
> adding a child property to some object. Many devices are not yet wired
> up as such and can only be inspected by info qtree monitor command.
>
>>     .instance_size = sizeof(KVMClockState),
>>     .class_init    = kvmclock_class_init,
>> };
>>
>> I also checked other devices which can be seen in the output of
>> qom-list. I have not seen kvmclock QOM is different from other
>> devices.
>> So i am very surprised that why kvmclock device can not be seen in
>> qom-list output.
>>
>>> it's not present in that tree. This also happens to auto-created
>>> isa-serial, e.g. (just leave out -device isa-serial)
>> Yeah, i can see it in qom-list output.
>
> Devices created by -device should be listed in the "/anon-peripheral"
It is listed in /peripheral, not /peripheral-anon...

--
Regards,

Zhi Yong Wu