qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Virtio_PCI device driver code

From: Brian Jackson
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Virtio_PCI device driver code
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 13:20:14 -0500

On Wed, 14 Mar 2012 08:38:04 -0500, Abhinav Pundir <address@hidden> wrote:

Hello all I am very much new to the world of KVM and Qemu.
I am trying to make a communication possible between the Guest and the Host.

If you just need to communicate, why not just use virtio-serial functionality?

I have studied how Virtio works but I am still confused how exactly the
flow will work.
The front end drivers will communicate to the back end driver by invoking a
kick function, but which back end driver will be involved in that.
Also how the back end driver present in the Hypervisor will pass this
information to the emulated device running in  Qemu.
I am trying to use virtio_pci.c and some suitable modification, so that the
back end driver can take that information and that information will
be available to the Hypervisor.

It will be very useful if somebody can provide me the working code of the
virtio_pci with all the dependencies in the separate directory, so that I
will be able to insert that module and the equivalent back-end driver code
running in the Hypervisor.