qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] lsi_scsi: error: ORDERED queue not implemented

From: Marius Cirsta
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] lsi_scsi: error: ORDERED queue not implemented
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 18:36:12 +0200

On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM, Paolo Bonzini <address@hidden> wrote:
> Il 15/03/2012 23:30, Marius Cirsta ha scritto:
>>
>> qemu-system-arm --version
>> QEMU emulator version 1.0,1, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard
>>
>> and I have a premade ARM image which I start with:
>>
>> qemu-system-arm -M versatilepb -m 256 -kernel
>> vmlinuz-3.1-versatile-fw5 -hda initrd-arm.img -append "root=/dev/sda
>> ro quiet"
>>

>> Every now and then I get this:
>>
>> lsi_scsi: error: ORDERED queue not implemented
>
> This is only a heuristic in the Linux LSI driver.  Its lack is harmless,
> in fact the feature is not anymore required by SCSI standards.
>
> Paolo

 Thanks , this is good to hear the I/O error in the guest EXT3 file
system might have been just heavy usage then , only 256 MB of RAM and
no
swap partition ( it was badly configured , I know ) .
 There seemed to be some sort of timeouts both for git and the file
system. I might try something else like ext4, more RAM and swap then
see if the error persists.
 Once again thanks and on a personal note we have a Frugalware dev.
and friend of mine named Paolo too.