qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How To Boot Up Linux Kernel/Android on QEMU

From: stefan weids
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How To Boot Up Linux Kernel/Android on QEMU
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:24:52 +0800

Dear All,

I have downloaded the QEMU sources from linaro and built it successfully.

My PC architecture is X86, I downloaded the test image tarball from linaro, the image includes two images (zImage.integrator and arm_root.img). Then I use the following commands to boot them on QEMU successfully.
# ./qemu-system-arm -kernel arm-test/zImage.integrator -initrd arm-test/arm_root.img

But When I use the uImage I built instead of the test image (zImage.integrator), the kernel can not boot up, I don't know why. Please help me to create the right uImage with my linux kernel source.

Another question, how can I boot up Android on QEMU?

Best Regards,
Stefan