qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [0/13] RFC: Guest visible IOMMU

From: Wei Wang
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [0/13] RFC: Guest visible IOMMU
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 14:50:25 +0100

On 03/22/2012 03:14 AM, David Gibson wrote:
Here's another version of my series implementing the nevessary
framework for emulation of guest-visible IOMMUs.  I've incorporated
the feedback from the last posting.  I'm fairly confident that
preliminary patches 1-3 are ready to go in, the rest might still need
more consideration.

In particular, if anyone has thoughts on how to handle the case where
an IOMMU mapping is invalidated by the guest where a qemu-side device
currently has that piece of IOVA-space dma_memory_map()ed, I'd be
interested to hear it.

Hi David,
I am Xen developer. Currently I am working on a hardware based iommu emulation for amd iommu v2 systems (we need this to enable iommuv2 drivers in guest OS and therefore to passthroug gpgpu to hvm guest). In this work, only a virtual iommu device has to be registered on qemu bus and dma translations are still performed by iommu hardware. So I wonder if it is possible that I could integrate my work with yours. I had a proof-of-concept patch for qemu:

http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2011-12/msg01269.html

my last post was:
http://lists.xen.org/archives/html/xen-devel/2012-03/msg00591.html

Thanks and looking forward to your thoughts
Wei