qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: options parsing in vl.c should be module

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] RFC: options parsing in vl.c should be module
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 11:34:34 +0100

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 7:52 AM, Wanpeng Li <address@hidden> wrote:
> Consider of the options parsing process in main function of vl.c is too long.
> It should be module into single function to clear Ideas, strengthen the
> source code
> management, and increase code readability.

I suggest sending a patch to show what you want to do.

In general you may find that pure refactoring patches don't receive as
much attention as patches that fix bugs or add features.  As long as
your patch is focussed and clean it can probably get in.  vl.c:main()
is ugly but we need to be very careful not to break existing
command-line invocations, so consider whether it's worth doing this
and how you will test it.

Stefan