qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qdev property listing broken

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qdev property listing broken
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 14:41:57 -0500

On 04/02/2012 02:33 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
Hi Anthony,

I noticed that only properties with legacy names are printed via info
qtree.

Yes.  Is that not what you expect?

The qom properties and model is not stable for 1.1 so I was very careful in making sure they didn't leak into info qtree.

After digging through the qdev and qom property maze, it turned
out the property registration in qdev_property_add_legacy and
qdev_property_add_static is not consistent with the access in
qdev_print_props.

qdev_print_props will completely die for 1.2 as will almost everything related to the human monitor in qdev-monitor.c.

I just wanted to give us a full release to make sure we were happy with the various interfaces.

The latter assumes all properties are strings, the
former generate the full set of types - and add_legacy obviously an
inconsistent one, dependent on the existence of print/parse handlers. I
fail to see the right direction, ie. where to fix this. Can you provide
a hint?

Is there a reason you're using info qtree instead of qom-list? qom-list gives you much more info than info qtree.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Jan

PS: It's really no fun to understand and debug this code anymore.
Hopefully, the removal of the qdev layer can improve this again.