qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qdev property listing broken

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qdev property listing broken
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2012 14:48:16 -0500

On 2012-04-02 21:41, Anthony Liguori wrote:
On 04/02/2012 02:33 PM, Jan Kiszka wrote:
Hi Anthony,

I noticed that only properties with legacy names are printed via info
qtree.

Yes.  Is that not what you expect?

The qom properties and model is not stable for 1.1 so I was very careful
in making sure they didn't leak into info qtree.

After digging through the qdev and qom property maze, it turned
out the property registration in qdev_property_add_legacy and
qdev_property_add_static is not consistent with the access in
qdev_print_props.

qdev_print_props will completely die for 1.2 as will almost everything
related to the human monitor in qdev-monitor.c.

I just wanted to give us a full release to make sure we were happy with
the various interfaces.

This is broken as previously listed qdev properties disappeared.

Yes, I misunderstood "legacy" names to include static properties too. You meant non-legacy static properties are broken.

Pure qom properties are not displayed and never were displayed.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

The latter assumes all properties are strings, the
former generate the full set of types - and add_legacy obviously an
inconsistent one, dependent on the existence of print/parse handlers. I
fail to see the right direction, ie. where to fix this. Can you provide
a hint?

Is there a reason you're using info qtree instead of qom-list?  qom-list
gives you much more info than info qtree.

I'm using the monitor.

Jan