qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch off use of helper functions

From: 陳韋任
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Switch off use of helper functions
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 10:59:02 +0800

On Wed, Apr 04, 2012 at 02:56:37PM +0100, Rajat Goyal wrote:
> Is there any way in QEMU to switch off the use of helper functions and make
> it translate target code to TCG code using only TCG micro-ops and not calls
> to helper functions?

  Writing TCG micro-ops to do complicated tasks done by helper functions might
not so easy, that why there are helper functions, we only need to do a simple
call. Perhaps you need to write TCG micro-ops to achieve what helper functions
do on your own, then you can replace all helper function calls with those TCG
micro-ops.

Regards,
chenwj

--
Wei-Ren Chen (陳韋任)
Computer Systems Lab, Institute of Information Science,