qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How can I see the data for IDE DMA?

From: Sungchan Kim
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How can I see the data for IDE DMA?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:25:05 +0900

Dear all,

I'm trying to integrate our custom SSD simulator by modifying the ide part of qemu.

To do this, beside a boot disk, I'm using an additional disk image in raw format that is mounted to /dev/sdb.

I'm working with the ubuntu 11.04 image that is mounted as /dev/sda.

I need to monitor (and get) the actual IDE DMA data that is read from/written when using the raw disk image, /dev/sdb.

Even though I looked at some source files in the hw/ide directory, it is still not sure which function or data structure I should use to do this.

Could anyone help me figure out this difficulty?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sungchan Kim