qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory API: handling unassigned physical memory

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory API: handling unassigned physical memory
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:27:58 +0100

On 30 April 2012 14:23, Avi Kivity <address@hidden> wrote:
> IMO the best fix is to unsysbus the device and qomify it instead.  This
> way we're 100% flexible in how we can attach it.

You don't need to wait for QOM to grow enough features to
replace sysbus. If you don't like what sysbus_mmio_map() does, you
can always use sysbus_mmio_get_region() to get the MemoryRegion* and
then deal with it however you need to. This is the standard way
to deal with "I have a sysbus device which I want to map into my
custom container object".

-- PMM