qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory API: handling unassigned physical memory

From: Mark Cave-Ayland
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory API: handling unassigned physical memory
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 19:57:26 +0100

On 01/05/12 16:20, Peter Maydell wrote:

Correctness is more important to me than brevity.

And really, we should focus on killing things like i8259_init().

Functions like i8259_init() exist precisely because
QOM/qdev don't provide brevity and people trying to
use these devices do in fact value brevity. That's why
I want the standard native "connect this thing to this
other thing" function to be short and simple.

My understanding was that the *_init() functions were legacy and shouldn't be used any more - at least I've started removing them and replacing them with the slighty more long-winded QOM versions in my working tree.

Or should I just leave them as they are copy the bits I need to a separate initialisation function?

ATB,

Mark.