qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] API for single stepping an emulated CPU

From: Wacha Gábor
Subject: [Qemu-devel] API for single stepping an emulated CPU
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 10:32:21 +0200

Dear developers,

I am designing a virtual peripheral for Qemu, for which I need to single step through the program on the emulated CPU (my peripheral will be some kind of a debugger). My question is: is there an API to execute exactly one instruction in Qemu? I've already found the *_pause and *_resume functions, but they are - as far as I know - not applicable for my task.

Regards,
Gabor Wacha
EE student at Budapest University of Technology an Economics