qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] get_maintainer.pl prints invalid Cc: [Re: Fwd: Undelive

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] get_maintainer.pl prints invalid Cc: [Re: Fwd: Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender
Date: Wed, 09 May 2012 18:56:51 +0200

Am 09.05.2012 14:38, schrieb Jim Meyering:
> Alexander Graf wrote:
>> Hrm :)
>
> That appears to be due to scripts/get_maintainer.pl not sanitizing
> its output addresses.  E.g., using my 06/22 patch, I get this bogus Cc:
>
>     $ scripts/get_maintainer.pl 0006-*|grep open
>     address@hidden (open list:POSIX)

What's bogus about that? The email address is that of our mailing list,
we use it for subsystems where we don't have a particular maintainer. L:
gets translated to "open list" and the MAINTAINERS section is apparently
titled "POSIX". Comments to be ignored by MTAs can be indicated in
parenthesis as far as I remember RFC822, so it seems semantically and
syntactically correct. What would need to be sanitized?

I have once seen that break when replying to messages though. Maybe when
the list of CCs gets broken into multiple lines? That would be a
git-send-email or MUA problem then though.

Andreas