qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.1-rc2 release

From: Anthony Liguori
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.1-rc2 release
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 11:39:54 -0500

On 05/15/2012 11:38 AM, Peter Maydell wrote:
On 15 May 2012 17:33, Stefan Weil<address@hidden>  wrote:
Am 15.05.2012 18:04, schrieb Anthony Liguori:
Known Issues:

  - There appears to be a failure in make check on some platforms.  This
will be resolved in -rc3.

Just for the record: there are a lot more known issues.
Here is a small extract:

- SDL (zooming) and VNC both access uninitialized memory.
  SDL even writes out of bounds. Valgrind finds both kinds
  of defects easily.

- There are still several known memory leaks. For some of them
  patches were already sent to qemu-devel.

- There are known deficits in the emulations. Even the x86_64
  system emulation which is one of the best maintained emulations
  still causes a blue screen when running a 64 bit Windows guest
  in TCG mode, for example.

A lot was already done, but there still remains much work to be done :-)

Alex's linux-user stale-tbs-after-mmap patch is also still pending.

Does Riku have it queued?

I saw that patch and expected it to come from Riku's tree..

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Maybe we should record patches/series/bugs that we hope to get into
the release on the wiki page, so it's easier to construct this
"known issues" list and Anthony has a checklist of things that
might have been accidentally passed over?

-- PMM