qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.1-rc2 release

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [ANNOUNCE] QEMU 1.1-rc2 release
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 17:42:01 +0100

On 15 May 2012 17:38, Anthony Liguori <address@hidden> wrote:
> Known issues == release blockers.  I'm not willing to block a release for
> uninitialized memory access unless it's be validated by a human (and if it
> has, there probably will be a patch already).
>
> Likewise, memory leaks are not going to block the release unless they are
> significant.
>
> An TCG deficiencies don't count as a release blocker unless it's a
> regression.

In this case it is a regression...

Anyway, my point is not "these things must go in" but that it's very
hard to tell from this side whether a patch is in the state:
 (a) in your queue and will go into this rc
 (b) missed the boat for this rc but will be in the next
 (c) completely overlooked and needs pinging/yelling about
 (d) judged not important enough to justify fixing in this release

The usual "assume it's gone into somebody's tree and ping again
in a week or two" doesn't work when release candidates are done
on a schedule of every week or so, you need a more positive ack
and tracking IMHO.

-- PMM