qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Get current env within io_handler ?

From: nicolas.sauzede
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Get current env within io_handler ?
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:56:55 +0200

> Yes, it's entirely intentional to prevent io handlers from accessing CPUState.
>
> For what you're doing, you need to hook more deeply into target-arm before
> the
> dispatch actually happens.

Ok, but then I guess that this kind of hooks may be less generic than the
traditional
"io_handler" I used for my qemu/TLM binding, right ?
Are there any example code showing such kind of hooks in qemu source ?
And is this method advisable, in term of maintenance, etc. ?
(what if we want to support multiple qemu targets, should we duplicate hooks
code ?)

> Regards,
>
> Anthony Liguori

Thanks for your support,