qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Get current env within io_handler ?

From: nicolas.sauzede
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Get current env within io_handler ?
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:58:28 +0200

> First, please don't top-post and please don't use HTML emails.

Sorry about that.

> Yes, there is work towards getting rid of implicit AREG0 env. This will
> be leading towards removing the register-pinned AREG0.

Will this AREG0 removal be optional/configurable if the patches hit the
mainstream ?

> So you should rather figure out why you want to tie emulation of devices
> to the CPU requesting it.

Well, for example, we have the issue where we need to know if the cpu that
performs a hardware io is in priviledged/secure more, because some HW devices
implemented in TLM requires such special flags on certain register accesses.
How can we know that access property, when called back into an "io_handler" ?

Also, I think about some specific IPs such as local timers and such, all seen
at the same address by all the smp cpu, then how can we know what cpu number
originated the io transaction ?

> Andreas

Thanks again,
NS.