qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory Tracking API

From: Richard W.M. Jones
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Memory Tracking API
Date: Thu, 17 May 2012 19:47:44 +0100

On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 11:36:24PM +0530, Jaspal wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> Is it possible to keep a count of reads / writes taking place in a
> vm using qemu ( using kvm as hypervisor ) ? Is there a api ( or any
> patch ) for it ?

Memory reads and writes is surely going to generate a huge
amount of output!

There are various DEBUG_* symbols at the top of exec.c and ioport.c.
I've only used a few of these:

  DEBUG_UNASSIGNED - prints a message when an unmapped page is
      referenced (TCG only, presumably?)

  DEBUG_IOPORT - prints a message when any I/O port is referenced

  DEBUG_UNUSED_IOPORT - prints a message when a non-emulated I/O port
      is referenced

There are several more if you look at the code.

Rich.