qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Tracing message for mu

From: Stefan Hajnoczi
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Tracing message for mu
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 13:30:55 +0100

On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 7:50 AM, Charles.Tsai-蔡清海-研究發展部
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hans replied me back and he suggested me to use strace.
> Hopefully, this issue can be resolved.
>
> Additionally, we encountered a tough issue right now.
> When we ran a 64-bit Windows 7 VM overnight, the kvm process was killed for
> some reasons.
>
> Here is the qemu version I copied from the screen
>
> "QEMU emulator version 1.0 (qemu-kvm-devel), Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice
> Bellard"
>
> The Qemu source is from Hans. Any suggestion to attack this issue?

Next time ensure that core dumps are enabled:
$ ulimit -c unlimited  # enable core dumps
$ qemu-kvm ...

If it crashes you'll have a core file that the gdb debugger can process.

It's also worth checking dmesg(1) output to see if your system ran out
of memory and the kernel killed the qemu-kvm process to free memory.

Hope this helps,
Stefan