qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Lack of codes in logging

From: Yue Chen
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Lack of codes in logging
Date: Mon, 28 May 2012 22:38:24 -0400

How to do the 'exec' logging? Thanks.

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM, Peter Maydell <address@hidden> wrote:
On 29 May 2012 03:24, Yue Chen <address@hidden> wrote:
> When I use "log in_asm", "log op" in monitor mode to log instructions, there
> are some situations like follows:

> IN:
> 0x7c91ee39:  push   %eax
> 0x7c91ee3a:  call   0x7c9020f5
>
> IN:
> 0x7c91ee3f:  mov    -0x3c(%ebp),%ax
>
> After "call   0x7c9020f5", the CPU directly goes to 0x7c91ee3f,
> not 0x7c9020f5. And there are other situations, for example, the CPU(CS:EIP)
> neither goes to the "next address", nor the "call,jmp" address, and no
> hardware interruption prompt.

The 'in_asm' and 'op' logging logs instructions as they are translated,
not as they are executed. So in this case it's likely that the code
at 0x6c9020f5 has already been translated at some earlier point,
and so there's nothing to log here. If you want to log execution
try the 'exec' logging.

-- PMM