qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG QEMU 1.1] virtio-9p-handle does not compile

From: Stefan Weil
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [BUG QEMU 1.1] virtio-9p-handle does not compile
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 23:16:28 +0200

Am 06.06.2012 19:49, schrieb Serge Hallyn:
Quoting Stefan Weil (address@hidden):
The patch will fix the compiler error messages, but will the
resulting code work? Maybe it has runtime dependencies
(Linux kernel?) which should be checked at runtime.

Would an enhanced test in configure be a better solution?
It could disable VirtFS automatically if the definitions
are missing.

On Ubuntu Lenny, there is no definition for AT_EMPTY_PATH,
(Debian Lenny I presume)

Sorry, my mistake. I meant Ubuntu Lucid.

True, the flag is newer than I thought.  How could the configure option
be enhanced?  Could we simply grep for it in /usr/include/linux/fcntl.h,
set an option saying it exists, then still do the #ifndef in
hw/9pfs/virtio-9p-handle.c?

(The problem is that the glibc and linux headers are currently not
compatible...  a separate problem, yes, but one I can't currently
overcome AFAIK)

I'd use virtio-9p-handle only if AT_EMPTY_PATH is defined without
requiring a hack like using linux/fcntl.h.

configure can check that. Should I send a patch which does this check?

Regards,
Stefan W.