qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] USB Hostport Differences

From: Erik Rull
Subject: [Qemu-devel] USB Hostport Differences
Date: Fri, 08 Jun 2012 18:33:42 +0200

Hi all,

when assigning USB host devices to a guest using the hostport option, there seem to be different formats, when calling info usbhost:

- On my vanilla kernel linux there is a hostport format e.g. "1.5" or "1.2"
- On my Debian 6.0 full blown linux there is a hostport format "2" or "4", that means, there are no dots and only one number

Where do the differences come from? I'm working on some scripts that give some dynamic qemu command line options related to the hostport - maybe there is a way of getting them to the same format?

Best regards,

Erik