qemu-devel

[Qemu-devel] How to speed up the CPU logging?

From: Yue Chen
Subject: [Qemu-devel] How to speed up the CPU logging?
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2012 10:37:34 -0400

Hi, Guy,

When I use "log cpu" or "log exec" in the system "-monitor stdio" mode, it's extremely slow(lose my mouse/keyboard control). I used a buffer instead of directly writing log to disk, but even slower. When I give a large memory ("-m 4G") to VM, or set the process priority(chrt -f 99) of QEMU,  the situation is the same. Any approach to speed up logging? (let me be able to control the VM when logging.) Thanks.