qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QOMification of AXI stream

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] [RFC] QOMification of AXI stream
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 01:54:00 -0400 (EDT)

> > Ive had a brief look at the refactorings on qom-next, I notice that
> > busses are now just children of the parent object TYPE_BUS.
> > Essentially for point-to-point links this means that link itself
> > has a QOM object. So for finer clarification, for new busses should or
> > should I not have an object (whether it inherit TYPE_BUS or some
> > other parent) for the link itself? Or should The master device interface
> > directly with its slave? Im thinking the latter, no need for an
> > object for a trivial point-to-point link.

I think AXI counts as a point-to-point link, so no bus.

In my prop-ptr branch you can find some code (untested beyond compilation)
that tried to model AXI using interfaces (git://github.com/pbonzini/qemu.git).
I don't know much about AXI, so I tried to reverse engineer a decent model
from what was done without QOM.

Paolo