qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu_rearm_alarm_timer: do not call rearm if the next d

From: Andreas Färber
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] qemu_rearm_alarm_timer: do not call rearm if the next deadline is INT64_MAX
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2012 10:35:30 +0200

Am 12.06.2012 10:24, schrieb Andreas Färber:
> Am 29.05.2012 15:35, schrieb Stefano Stabellini:
> The check-qtest-i386 qemu-system-i386 process now hangs at ~98% CPU,
> just as with my INT64_MAX hack before. How would I best debug this qtest
> scenario, and what should I be looking for? Since my 1.1 patch this is
> no longer going through any Cocoa event handling, so the only causes I
> can think of are timers and signals...

Might this shed any light?

Analysis of sampling qemu-system-i386 (pid 19531) every 1 millisecond
Call graph:
    2337 Thread_2503
      2337 0xffc
        2337 start
          2337 main
            2337 qemu_main
              2337 main_loop_wait
                2337 qemu_iohandler_poll
                  2337 tcp_chr_read
                    2337 qtest_read
                      2337 memory_region_iorange_write
                        2337 rtc_change_mon_event
                          2337 monitor_protocol_event
                            2337 monitor_json_emitter
                              2337 monitor_puts
                                2337 monitor_flush
                                  2177 write
                                    2177 write
                                  92 send_all
                                    81 cerror
                                      57 malloc_zone_malloc
                                        35 __error
                                          35 __error
                                        17 dyld_stub___error
                                          17 dyld_stub___error
                                        5 cthread_set_errno_self
                                          5 cthread_set_errno_self
                                      24 cerror
                                    11 send_all
                                  36 dyld_stub_write
                                    36 dyld_stub_write
                                  24 dyld_stub___error
                                    24 dyld_stub___error
                                  6 cerror
                                    6 cerror
                                  2 __error
                                    2 __error
    2337 Thread_2603
      2337 _pthread_start
        2337 sigwait_compat
          2337 sigwait
            2337 __sigwait
              2337 __sigwait
    2337 Thread_2703
      2337 _pthread_start
        2337 qemu_dummy_cpu_thread_fn
          2337 sigwait
            2337 __sigwait
              2337 __sigwait

rtc-test is still blocked by the system() call apparently, and gtester
is polling in its main loop.

Andreas